The Uniswap Foundation, the group behind decentralized exchange (dex), Uniswap, has announced its first wave of foundation grants. It plans to distribute $1.8 Million total through 14 grants. The UF announced that Uniswap Diamond will receive a little more than $800K, a project being developed by GFX Labs.
Uniswap will distribute $1.8 million to 14 different projects
The Uniswap Foundation announced its first wave of grants on September 21. These grants are intended to support the decentralized finance (defi), ecosystem, and advance research and development. According to the UF the foundation will distribute $1.8 million through 14 grants. The largest amount will be given to the project Uniswap Diamond. GFX Labs is currently working on the Uniswap Diamond project. It will receive a total amount of $808 7,725 in 3 disbursements. According to the UF, the project is "one the most ambitious ever funded by Uniswap Grants."
Other grants will go to projects such as Uniswap.fish, formerly Uniswap Calculator, an Uniswap data extract tool called Numoen and a Uniswap v3 course. UF describes that the grants' scope and size were divided into three categories.
- Protocol Growth includes a decentralized volatility Oracle and a data analysis instrument that extracts data from Uniswap into a CSV format.
- Community Growth includes a Uniswap v3 course and events in Latin America and Africa.
- Governance Stewardship will include a deep dive into the status of Uniswap delegation. This will translate into a series recommendations to improve governance.
Uniswap will also give community-based grants to support defi in Latin America, Africa. This includes a series of events, workshops and gatherings in Latin America and sponsorship of the Ghana Crypto and Defi Summit 2022.
What do you think of the Uniswap Foundation distributing $1.8 Million in grants to 14 recipients? Please comment below to let us know your thoughts on this topic.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is gold taxed in an IRA?
The fair market value at the time of sale is what determines how much tax you pay on gold sales. You don't have tax to pay when you buy or sell gold. It is not income. If you sell it after the purchase, you will get a tax-deductible gain if you increase the price.
You can use gold as collateral to secure loans. Lenders seek to get the best return when you borrow against your assets. This often means selling gold. However, there is no guarantee that the lender would do this. They might just hold onto it. They might decide that they want to resell it. Either way you will lose potential profit.
In order to avoid losing your money, only lend against your precious metal if you plan to use it to secure other collateral. It is better to leave it alone.
Can I hold physical gold in my IRA?
Not only is gold paper currency, but it's also money. It's an asset that people have used for thousands of years as a store of value, a way to keep wealth safe from inflation and economic uncertainty. Investors use gold today as part of their diversified portfolio, because it tends to perform better in times of financial turmoil.
Many Americans today prefer to invest in precious metals, such as silver and gold, over stocks and bonds. It's not guaranteed that you'll make any money investing gold, but there are several reasons it might be worthwhile to add gold to retirement funds.
Gold has historically performed better during financial panics than other assets. Between August 2011 to early 2013, gold prices rose close to 100 percent while the S&P 500 fell 21 per cent. During those turbulent market conditions, gold was among the few assets that outperformed stocks.
The best thing about gold investing is the fact that there's virtually no counterparty risk. Your shares will still be yours even if your stock portfolio drops. If you have gold, it will still be worth your shares even if the company in which you invested defaults on its debt.
Finally, gold offers liquidity. You can sell your gold at any time without worrying about finding a buyer, which is a major advantage over other investments. The liquidity of gold makes it a good investment. This allows for you to benefit from the short-term fluctuations of the gold market.
What Is a Precious Metal IRA?
A precious metal IRA allows you to diversify your retirement savings into gold, silver, platinum, palladium, rhodium, iridium, osmium, and other rare metals. These precious metals are extremely rare and valuable. These metals are great investments and can help protect your financial future from economic instability and inflation.
Precious metals are sometimes called “bullion.” Bullion refers actually to the metal.
Bullion can be purchased via a variety of channels including online sellers, large coin dealers, and grocery stores.
With a precious metal IRA, you invest in bullion directly rather than purchasing shares of stock. This ensures that you will receive dividends each and every year.
Precious metal IRAs are not like regular IRAs. They don't need paperwork and don't have to be renewed annually. Instead, your gains are subject to a small tax. You also have unlimited access to your funds whenever and wherever you wish.
Should You Buy or Sell Gold?
In the past, gold was considered a haven for investors during economic turmoil. However, today many people are turning away from traditional investments such as stocks and bonds and instead looking toward precious metals such as gold.
The gold price has been in an upward trend for the past few years, but it remains relatively low compared with other commodities like silver or oil.
Experts believe this could change soon. They say that gold prices could rise dramatically with another global financial crisis.
They also point out that gold is becoming popular because of its perceived value and potential return.
If you are considering investing in gold, here are some things that you need to keep in mind.
- Consider whether you will actually need the money that you are saving for retirement. It is possible to save enough money to retire without investing in gold. The added protection that gold provides when you retire is a good option.
- Second, you need to be clear about what you are buying before you decide to buy gold. Each offers varying levels of flexibility and security.
- Finally, remember that gold doesn't offer the same level of safety as a bank account. Losing your gold coins could result in you never being able to retrieve them.
Do your research before you buy gold. Protect your gold if you already have it.
- (Basically, if your GDP grows by 2%, you need miners to dig 2% more gold out of the ground every year to keep prices steady.) (smartasset.com)
- The price of gold jumped 131 percent from late 2007 to September 2011, when it hit a high of $1,921 an ounce, according to the World Gold Council. (aarp.org)
- This is a 15% margin that has shown no stable direction of growth but fluctuates seemingly at random. (smartasset.com)
- Contribution limits$6,000 (49 and under) $7,000 (50 and up)$6,000 (49 and under) $7,000 (50 and up)$58,000 or 25% of your annual compensation (whichever is smaller) (lendedu.com)
- If you accidentally make an improper transaction, the IRS will disallow it and count it as a withdrawal, so you would owe income tax on the item's value and, if you are younger than 59 ½, an additional 10% early withdrawal penalty. (forbes.com)
- Saddam Hussein's InvasionHelped Uncage a Bear In 90 – WSJ
- How do you keep your IRA Gold at Home? It's Not Exactly Legal – WSJ
- 7 U.S. Code SS 7 – Designation of boards of trade as contract markets
- 26 U.S. Code SS 408 – Individual retirement accounts
How to Hold Physical Gold in an IRA
The best way to invest in Gold is by purchasing shares of companies that produce it. But, this approach comes with risks. These companies may not survive the next few years. Even if the company survives, they still face the risk of losing their investment due to fluctuations in gold's price.
Another option is to purchase physical gold. You can either open an account with a bank, online bullion dealer, or buy gold directly from a seller you trust. This option is convenient because you can access your gold when it's low and doesn't require you to deal with stock brokers. It is also easier to check how much gold you have stored. You'll get a receipt showing exactly what you paid, so you'll know if any taxes were missed. You're also less susceptible to theft than investing with stocks.
However, there are disadvantages. Bank interest rates and investment funds won't help you. Also, you won't be able to diversify your holdings – you're stuck with whatever you bought. Finally, the taxman may ask you about where you have put your gold.
Visit BullionVault.com to find out more about gold buying in an IRA.
By: Jamie Redman
Title: Uniswap Foundation to Distribute $1.8 Million in Grants to 14 Recipients
Sourced From: news.bitcoin.com/uniswap-foundation-to-distribute-1-8-million-in-grants-to-14-recipients/
Published Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 21:30:13 +0000