The Growing Potential of Bitcoin
Bitcoin (BTC), the leading cryptocurrency in terms of market cap, has been gaining significant attention in the digital currency realm, showcasing its strength and market dominance. Currently, its value is hovering just below the $34,000 mark. A recent report from finder.com, titled "Bitcoin to Hit $87,000 by 2025," sheds light on the anticipated future developments of Bitcoin, as analyzed by industry specialists.
Insights from Industry Experts
The report provides an in-depth exploration of Bitcoin's potential price trajectories by synthesizing perspectives from 31 experts and panelists within the sector. It delves into various aspects, including the possibility of a spot Bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) receiving approval. According to the report, 47% of the experts believe that such an endorsement could propel Bitcoin to unprecedented highs. Additionally, around 60% of the participants anticipate the approval of a spot Bitcoin ETF by 2024.
Projected Bitcoin Value
The consensus among the surveyed individuals suggests that BTC's value will reach $30,000 per unit by the end of 2023, surpassing its all-time high of $69,000, and eventually reaching $87,000 by 2025. Mitesh Shah, the founder of Omnia Markets, projects that BTC will end the year at $35,000 and escalate to $105,000 by 2025. Shah is among the 20% of the surveyed individuals who anticipate the approval of an ETF within this year. He commented, "There is a growing consensus that the SEC will eventually approve a Bitcoin ETF, with Blackrock's application being the most likely candidate."
The Impact of a Bitcoin ETF Approval
According to the CEO of Omnia, the approval of a Bitcoin ETF would pave the way for institutional investment and likely result in an immediate spike in Bitcoin's price. It is believed that this approval would open the floodgates for increased adoption and investment in Bitcoin.
The Significance of the 2024 BTC Halving
The upcoming BTC halving event in 2024 is considered a crucial turning point in Bitcoin's timeline. Approximately 57% of the experts predict a moderate appreciation in Bitcoin's price leading up to the event. This aligns with historical trends, where Bitcoin's value has typically experienced an upswing after halving events due to the reduced rate of new Bitcoin entering circulation. Damian Chmiel, the senior analyst and editor at Finance Magnates, foresees Bitcoin settling at $30,000 this year and rising to $50,000 by 2025. He expressed his belief that the halving event could shift the balance of power in favor of Bitcoin and ultimately lead to new all-time highs.
Bitcoin's Global Influence
The report also emphasizes Bitcoin's global influence and its position as a market leader, shaping the broader financial landscape. It highlights Bitcoin's significant impact on the cryptocurrency market and its potential to drive innovation and change in the financial industry.
A Cautionary Outlook
Desmond Marshall, the managing director at Rouge International and Rouge Ventures, offers a less optimistic outlook compared to many of his peers. He attributes his bearish forecast to recent regulatory actions by SEC Chairman Gary Gensler and "rumors of a recession." Marshall predicts that by 2025, Bitcoin's value will be $35,000, reflecting its current price trajectory.
Despite some differences in opinions, the report concludes that 66% of the surveyed fintech and crypto specialists believe that the current moment presents a favorable opportunity to acquire Bitcoin, while 24% recommend holding onto existing holdings. Approximately 10% of the experts suggest selling Bitcoin at this juncture.
What are your thoughts on the latest report from Finder regarding Bitcoin's future price? Share your opinions in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should You Buy or Sell Gold?
Gold was a safe investment option for those who were in financial turmoil. Many people today are moving away from stocks and bonds to look at precious metals, such as gold, as a way to diversify their investments.
Gold prices have been on an upward trend over recent years, but they remain relatively low compared to other commodities such as oil and silver.
Some experts believe that this could change very soon. They say that gold prices could rise dramatically with another global financial crisis.
They also point out that gold is becoming popular because of its perceived value and potential return.
Here are some things to consider if you're considering investing in gold.
- First, consider whether or not you need the money you're saving for retirement. It is possible to save enough money to retire without investing in gold. However, you can still save for retirement without putting your savings into gold.
- You should also be aware of what you are getting into before you buy gold. There are many types of gold IRA accounts. Each offers varying levels of flexibility and security.
- Don't forget that gold does not offer the same safety level as a bank accounts. Your gold coins may be lost and you might never get them back.
So, if you're thinking about buying gold, make sure you do your research first. Make sure to protect any gold you already own.
How much are gold IRA fees?
An Individual Retirement Account (IRA) fee is $6 per month. This fee includes account maintenance fees as well as any investment costs related to your selected investments.
To diversify your portfolio you might need to pay additional charges. The type of IRA you choose will determine the fees. Some companies offer checking accounts for free, while others charge monthly fees for IRA account.
Most providers also charge annual management costs. These fees can range from 0% up to 1%. The average rate is.25% per year. These rates are usually waived if you use a broker such as TD Ameritrade.
What precious metal should I invest in?
The answer to this question depends on how much risk you are willing to take and what type of return you want. Although gold has been considered a safe investment, it is not always the most lucrative. You might not want to invest in gold if you're looking for quick returns. If patience and time are your priorities, silver is the best investment.
If you're not looking to make quick money, gold is probably your best choice. Silver may be a better option for investors who want long-term steady returns.
How much should your IRA include precious metals
The most important thing you should know when investing in precious metals is that they are not just for wealthy people. It doesn't matter how rich you are to invest in precious metals. There are many methods to make money off of silver and gold investments.
You could also consider buying physical coins like bullion bars, rounds or bullion bars. Stocks in companies that produce precious materials could be purchased. You may also be interested in an IRA transfer program offered by your retirement provider.
You can still get benefits from precious metals regardless of what choice you make. They are not stocks but offer long-term growth.
Their prices are more volatile than traditional investments. If you decide to sell your investment, you will likely make more than with traditional investments.
How much should precious metals make up your portfolio?
To answer this question, we must first understand what precious metals are. Precious metals have elements with an extremely high worth relative to other commodity. This makes them very valuable in terms of trading and investment. The most traded precious metal is gold.
But, there are other types of precious metals available, including platinum and silver. The price of gold tends to fluctuate but generally stays at a reasonably stable level during periods of economic turmoil. It is not affected by inflation or deflation.
All precious metals prices tend to rise with the overall market. However, the prices of precious metals do not always move in sync with one another. When the economy is in trouble, for example, gold prices tend to rise while other precious metals fall. This is because investors expect lower interest rates, making bonds less attractive investments.
When the economy is healthy, however, the opposite effect occurs. Investors want safe assets such Treasury Bonds and are less inclined to demand precious metals. They become less expensive and have a lower value because they are limited.
Diversifying across precious metals is a great way to maximize your investment returns. You should also diversify because precious metal prices can fluctuate and it is better to invest in multiple types of precious metals than in one.
How does gold perform as an investment?
The supply and the demand for gold determine how much gold is worth. Interest rates also have an impact on the price of gold.
Because of their limited supply, gold prices can fluctuate. Additionally, physical gold can be volatile because it must be stored somewhere.
- (Basically, if your GDP grows by 2%, you need miners to dig 2% more gold out of the ground every year to keep prices steady.) (smartasset.com)
- If you accidentally make an improper transaction, the IRS will disallow it and count it as a withdrawal, so you would owe income tax on the item's value and, if you are younger than 59 ½, an additional 10% early withdrawal penalty. (forbes.com)
- Indeed, several financial advisers interviewed for this article suggest you invest 5 to 15 percent of your portfolio in gold, just in case. (aarp.org)
- This is a 15% margin that has shown no stable direction of growth but fluctuates seemingly at random. (smartasset.com)
- Instead, the economy improved, stocks rebounded, and gold plunged, losing 28 percent of its value in 2013. (aarp.org)
- Saddam Hussein's InvasionHelped Uncage a Bear in 1990 – WSJ
- Do you want to keep your IRA gold at home? It's Not Exactly Legal – WSJ
- Yahoo Finance provides information about Barrick Gold Corporation's (GOLD) stock price, news, quote, and history.
- 7 U.S. Code SS7 – Designation boards of trade as contract market authorities
- 26 U.S. Code SS 408 – Individual retirement funds
3 Ways to Invest in Gold for Retirement
It's important to understand how gold fits in with your retirement plan. If you have a 401(k) account at work, there are several ways you can invest in gold. You might also be interested to invest in gold outside the workplace. You could, for example, open a custodial bank account at Fidelity Investments if your IRA (Individual Retirement Account) is open. If you don't have any precious metals yet, you might want to buy them from a reputable dealer.
These are three easy rules to remember if you invest in gold.
- Buy Gold With Your Cash – Do not use credit cards to purchase gold. Instead, invest in cash. This will protect your against inflation and increase your purchasing power.
- Physical Gold Coins – Physical gold coins are better than a paper certificate. The reason for this is that physical gold coins are much more easily sold than certificates. You don't have to store physical gold coins.
- Diversify Your Portfolio. – Do not put all your eggs into one basket. This is how you spread your wealth. You can invest in different assets. This will reduce your risk and give you more flexibility in times of market volatility.
By: Jamie Redman
Title: Bitcoin Price Prediction: Experts Anticipate BTC to Reach $87,000 by 2025
Sourced From: news.bitcoin.com/finders-experts-predict-bitcoin-to-reach-87k-by-2025-settling-at-30k-by-years-end/
Published Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 23:30:04 +0000